If you can't protect your friends, you can be damn well sure you'll avenge them. You gain the following benefits:
- Increase one ability score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- Whenever an enemy causes a member of your party to become blinded, frightened, incapacitated, paralyzed, restrained or to suffer a critical hit, you gain advantage on your next attack roll.
- Whenever a creature causes one of your party members to drop to 0 hit points or whenever one of your party members fails a saving throw against an effect caused by a hostile creature, you can use your reaction to make a melee or ranged weapon attack against that creature.
Prerequisite: Ability to cast spells
You have learned the forbidden secrets of Blood Magic, invented long ago by the Necromancer Cutalak of the Cult of Darkness. You gain the following benefit:
- Instead of spending a spell slot to cast a spell, you can cause yourself 1 of your hit die of damage per level of the spell. Wounding yourself counts as the somatic component of the spell you are casting, and you must be holding a weapon that deals slashing or piercing damage (unless you can readily cut yourself on something). If you have resistance to slashing or piercing damage, your resistance doesn't function against the damage you cause yourself when using Blood Magic.
Your reflexes are honed to a razor's edge. You gain the following benefits:
- Increase your Dexterity score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- At the start of a combat, after all initiatives have been rolled but before anyone has acted, you may switch places in the initiative order with another creature that you can see, as long as that creature is not at the top of the initiative order. You may not use this feature again until you have completed a short rest.
- Some time during the next four rounds immediately after you have switched your initiative order with another creature, you may make one attack roll, ability check, or saving throw with advantage.
- Increase your Intelligence or Wisdom score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- When trying to find an herb, you treat that herb as one category less rare than it actually is when you make your check. For example, when determining the DC to find a rare herb, you act as if the herb were uncommon. If a herb is already common, you get advantage on your roll to find it.
- You can craft herbal concoctions twice as quickly. For example, it only takes you two days to craft an herbal concoction with a total market value of 100 sps, instead of four days.
Power of the Summervale
Prerequisite: Native of Gloralion Background
Your time in the fabled Summervale has made you even more in tune with magic. You gain the following benefits:
- Increase your Intelligence score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- Choose two cantrips from the Bard, Druid, or Wizard spell lists; you know those cantrips. Intelligence is your Spellcasting ability for them.
Prerequisite: Bardic Inspiration Class Feature
You use the tales and songs of old to bolster your courage. You gain the following benefits:
- Increase your Dexterity or Charisma score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- You gain one additional use of bardic inspiration.
- You can use your bardic inspiration on yourself.